In this modern world, high blood pressure, stressful life, and insomnia have become common. In that case, keeping an aquarium at home is undoubtedly a useful therapy for you.
Multiple studies from various institutes across the globe have proven that by looking at an aquarium, you can reduce your stress level, and subsequently, it also lowers blood pressure.
You must have noticed that various physician offices, counselling centers, and dental clinics, among others, have an aquarium in their waiting room. There are multiple health benefits of keeping a fish tank at your home or office.
Many newbies who want to install fish tanker just as a décor should buy a large tank as that would be the best beginner fish aquarium.
Also, they should check aquarium sizes and prices with various dealers and online sites to make sure you get the best deal.
How to Choose the Best Fish Tank?
Before discussing how to choose the best fish tank, one should understand that bigger is better, and hence one should always choose a large tank if possible.
If you have finally decided to set up an aquarium at your home or office, you should also know about the positives and negatives of keeping fish. The only negative is that you shouldn’t take it lightly as various things have to be taken care of, such as changing water from time to time.
There are a couple of ways of choosing the right tank and let’s discuss them:
- Choose a large tank and stock it with the fishes you like: If you use this approach, you will have to take care of aquarium size and shape, which you think will look best in the location you have decided to set up your aquarium.
This is undoubtedly the best way if fish keeping is your hobby, and at the same time, you want to enjoy some aesthetic advantages that come with having an aquarium at your premises.
However, if you want to set-up a fish tank as a décor, then you should take care in choosing the right fish that can be stored in the best fish tank that you have chosen.
If you are a beginner, then do realize that the best beginner fish aquarium is the one that has a large tank. If you have enough space, try to set up the best large fish tanks to make sure that your fishes stay healthy.
- Wisely choose an aquarium based on the fishes that you would like to stock: If you are interested in keeping a certain kind of fish, you will have to choose the aquarium accordingly.
Certain fishes grow much larger, and hence you might need a large tank if you want to keep such fishes. Thus, it is vital to know about the fishes that you want to stock and then choose the best fish tanks accordingly.
Usually, a 10-gallon fish tank is sufficient but not in all cases. If you are a fan of angelfish, then a 30-gallon tank must keep the fish in a healthy state.
You can use both these outlined approaches to ensure you have a fish tank filled with healthy and happy fish. In the first approach, if you have chosen the tank as per your choice, you have to be smart enough to pick fishes that will be suited for your tank.
In the second approach, you have to be smart enough to set up aquarium tanks as you have decided on the fishes you want to stock.
However, if you want to set up an aquarium near your television, then make sure the aquarium is not too large; otherwise, it might distract you, and you might sometimes also lose your plot of the series you are watching.
Hence, you should search options such as the best fish aquarium for home so that the seller can guide you as per your demand.
Planning and research go hand in hand in setting up the best aquarium tank and hence something which shouldn’t be avoided. Some newbies install a fish tank without research and complains of their fishes dying too soon. This can be avoided with some planning and research.
Once you have done that, you will be assured that the fishes in your tank are happy and healthy. Also, there are a few things that need to be taken care of.
Never keep your fish tank near a window or at a place where it can approach direct sunlight. Also, there are various brands available, and hence you should search for the best aquarium tank brand for the safety of your fishes.
Must Read: 10 Most Pretty & Colourful Freshwater Fish
Top 10 Best Fish Tanks to Buy
- GloFish Hinged Cycle Light and Hidden Filtration Aquarium Kit 5 Gallons – This is a 5-gallon small tank and is undoubtedly the best fish tank for beginners. The tank comes with a hidden filtration and is also equipped with a hinged Cycle Light suspended just above the tank. It also has an adjustable flow filter pump and has unique LED lights built, which brightens up your fish tank.
It is perfect and also the best fish aquarium for home. You will have a great experience as the inbuilt LEDs brighten up your fish tank and give your fish tank a complete underwater fluorescent experience.
- Marina 5G LED Glass Aquarium Kit – Marina LED Aquariums are the most common and best fish tank. Available in various variants from 5gallons to 50 gallons. This aquarium comes well equipped, and even if you are a beginner, you don’t have to worry at all. You will have a pleasant experience of fish keeping once you set up this aquarium in your house.
There are various brands also available in this aquarium tank, and hence you should opt for the best aquarium tank brand when you choose this aquarium. The filter can be easily changed, and filter cartridge for such tanks are also available easily.
- Aqueon LED Aquarium Kit 20H Black – This aquarium is a little heavy. Therefore, you are advised to use a stand or any other surface capable of handling the aquarium’s weight for safety. The capacity of this aquarium is 20 gallons, and hence around 20 fishes can be easily stocked in this aquarium.
The filter cartridge is already installed along with an LED indicator. Whenever the light indicator flashes red, it means that you have to change the filter cartridge. The aquarium is simple in looks yet classy and is undoubtedly among the best large fish tanks available.
Your favourite fishes such as red-tailed rasboras, platies, and white cloud mountain minnows are best suited for this kind of fish tank. This is arguably one of the best fish tank available both for home and office.
- Hygger Horizon LED Glass Aquarium Kit – If you are looking for an aquarium that looks the best, this is the one for you. Horizon aquarium from Hygger is one of the best looking aquarium. The aquarium has everything you can ask for, from the filter to a decorative mountain to coloured LED light. You can also plant grass on the hill.
Along with this, there is also a digital controller that can control light effects and adjust the brightness level. The aquarium is available various variants; hence you should check aquarium sizes and prices before buying.
- SeaClear Acrylic Aquarium – If you don’t want fancy aquarium, this has to be one of the simplest of the acrylic aquarium. The aquarium tank is made up of acrylic and is even brighter than its glass counterparts. The aquarium is very hard is less likely to be broken even if you accidentally bump on it.
You can choose from 15 gallons to 50 gallons of the aquarium as per your choice. It is also available in 2 shapes i.e., hexagon and rectangle.
- BiOrb Flow 30 Aquarium with LED – If simple is not your type, this one is among the fanciest aquariums, which can serve as perfect home décor. It looks like a book-end for your home or office. Low voltage Led lights are already built-in, and also, it is sealed from the top. Thus it ensures that it won’t be waterlogged.
The tank does have a feeding hole at the top; thus, you don’t have to open it every time you feed. The kit includes an air pump, a water conditioner, airstone, an air pump, and a filter cartridge, among others. This fish tank price is a little high, but to get such an excellent product, you have to pay some premium.
- Fluval Premium Bow Front Aquarium – Again, if you are looking for something simple in design and yet classy, this is the best fish tank. This aquarium is not just for seasoned players but can also be considered the best beginner fish aquarium.
It has a bow front, which means the glass in the middle is bit rounded, and hence the fish looks larger in this aquarium. The aquarium comes with an LED light installed at the top though it doesn’t make much of a difference when you look at the fish tank.
The kit comes with protein-rich food, a fishnet, and a thermometer, among others. If you are looking for a medium-size tank that can be kept in a room, this aquarium is one of the best fish aquariums for home.
- Penn Plax Curved Corner Glass Aquarium – This is a square-shaped aquarium, and grass can be planted at the bottom. At the top, it has an acrylic lid which is attached with hinges. The kit comes with a cascade filter, which is easy to use, and even beginners will find it very easy to handle.
The filter has various trays, and hence you can control the flow of water. Bettas fishes don’t like turbulent water, and hence they can enjoy their life in this tank. There is also an inbuilt LED, but it hardly produces any light.
However, if you are using this tank to stock bettas, it automatically produces the light required to make it look attractive. This fish tank price is lower than some of the tanks mentioned above, and hence if you have a limited budget, then this is undoubtedly the one you are looking for.
- Tetra 29234 Half Moon Aquarium – If you are looking for a tank in a unique shape, this is the best fish tank. It is made by one of the best aquarium tank brands, and it is shaped like a half-circle with no corners or seams.
This aquarium comes with tetra whisper filtration. The tank, therefore, doesn’t have a powerful stream and thus making it ideal for Bettas. It also has an anti-clog design, which results in low maintenance costs. LED lights are clipped at the book and provide your tank with a nice glow.
You can also grow plants as the height is ideal for growing plants as they have enough room to grow.
- Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium – The Coral Fishtank is sleek in design and has various advanced features through which you can create an atmosphere that resembles a mini coral reef. The aquarium comes along with a filter pump, led lighting, and a filter. All the chords are tube hidden and hence making it look even more attractive.
This might not be the best fish tank for beginners but ideal for seasoned players. The Led light has a controller that can be set in the day/night sequence. The light mimics the sun and moon, and besides that, you can arrange the timer that it can have an automatic sunrise and sunset. You can also set the temperature as per your wish so that your coral and fish can easily flourish.
One might think that setting up an aquarium is quite an easy task. However, it is not the case. A lot of planning and work goes to ensure that the fish in the tank is comfortable and happy.
If you are a beginner, then you must opt for the best large fish tanks so that you can accommodate maximum fishes and thereby also become pro on which type of fish can stay together. The lighting, too, has to be proper; otherwise, it will be difficult for fish to differentiate between plants and food.
Once you have finally bought the best fish tank, according to you, make sure you keep it clean and also do its proper maintenance from time to time so that your fishes in the aquarium can stay long and healthy.